Jack Skellington Bento Box
What you'll need
- 2 slices of bread
- Sandwich fillings
- Fresh spinach leaves
- Cream cheese
- 1 hard-boiled egg
- Pineapple chunks
- Baby Carrots
- Cucumber slices
- Tools needed: Cutting board, small sharp knife, toothpick, oval cookie cutters, kitchen shears
How to make it
Prep Time 15 minutes
- Jack Skellington Sandwich: Cut both slices of bread into a circular shape (Jack's face isn't a perfect circle). Fill sandwich with favorite ingredients, the above sandwich is peppered turkey and cheddar.
- To make Jack's features, cut two larger ovals from two spinach leaves. Set aside.
- Using a smaller oval cutter, cut the edge of one of the spinach leaves. Flip the cutter and re-cut the same piece of spinach to make an almond shaped nostril. Repeat for the second nostril.
- For Jack's smile, use kitchen shears to cut a smile shape from the edge of a spinach leaf.
- To assemble, dip toothpick in cream cheese and use very small dots to adhere Jack's features to the bread.
kitchen shears again, cut small sections of spinach leaves to finish
Jack's mouth. Dot with cream cheese and press in place.
- Zero Boiled Egg:
Slice egg in half lengthwise, save the other half to put in the bento box underneath Zero.
- Using oval fondant cutter, cut two eyes for Zero. Attach to the egg, using cream cheese if necessary.
- Slice end off of one carrot, then slice a single circle for Zero's nose. Attach with a dab of cream cheese.
- Slice/shave two strips from the sides of a carrot to make Zero's ears. A thinner carrot works better for this. Cut a small point at one end.
- Using the tip of a knife, pierce the side of the egg enough to insert one ear, then repeat on the other side.